This module is designed to provide a way to export large amounts of data from views. It provides a display plugin that can rendered progressively in a batch. Style plugins are included that support exporting in the following types:
- Microsoft XLS
- Microsoft DOC
- Basic TXT
This module also exposes a drush command that can execute the view and save its results to a file.
drush views-data-export [view-name] [display-id] [output-file]
The batched export functionality of this module requires a MySQL database.
This module also requires version 2.7 or higher of views.
- Views Bonus Pack includes an export submodule that allows exports, but is not scalable for large data sets.
- Views Datasource allows exporting to XML/JSON among many others, but is geared towards small exports.
- Services Views provides ways of exporting views results as XML, JSON and CSV using Services.
- Views batch page module seems to batch the building of views data, but displays it as a page instead of a file. Also, pages of data a simply rendered and concatenated together instead of being one contiguous table.
This module has its roots in the export module that is part of the views bonus pack (http://drupal.org/project/views_bonus). However, massive changes were needed to make the batch export functionality work, and so this fork was created. See: http://drupal.org/node/805960
About the Developers
This project is currently maintained by developers at ComputerMinds - visit us at http://www.computerminds.co.uk. We at ComputerMinds pride ourselves on offering quality Drupal training, Drupal development and Drupal consulting. Go Drupal!
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, Content Display, Drush, Import/Export, Utility, Views
- Reported installs: 55,635 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 313,080
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014