Add autocomplete functionality to the views filter text fields.
- It works for node titles or cck text fields.
- The autocomplete results are actually the view results, so they are view related.
How to use it:
(New) Video Tutorial : Drupal 7 Views Autocomplete Filter Tutorial
- *** The filter field should also in the view list of the fields
- You just have to check Use Autocomplete checkbox in the filter expose settings.
- (D7) Pay attention to the "Field with autocomplete results" options - an autocomplete setting
- Known issue : Unexpected error message such -
Field with autocomplete results is not selected for Content: Title filter in Defaults (default) display.
Solution : Check the MASTER (default) Display, probably the autocomplete field was removed ( )
To get the MASTER (default) Display check the Views Settings page
Administration > Structure > Views > Settings (admin/structure/views/settings)
Tips & Tricks:
- To work as you wish you have to make the right choice for the operator of filter field, most likely to use "Contains"
- For referenced entities (entity reference, node references, term reference) use referenced entity fields for the filters with the right relationships.
- *** If you have more titles fields defined in fields and/or filters the correspondence between field & filter must be right
for example: if field is title_2 then also the filter field should be title_2
*** Not sure if these are still a must
Sponsored by: TOP EXPRESS
Initially sponsored by: viennaresidence
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Utility, Views
- Reported installs: 24,590 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 308,804
- Last modified: September 22, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.