This is a rather major bug fix release. It is strongly recommended to thoroughly test this release before uploading to a production site in case there are any regressions. There are two changes since 7.x-3.15 which affect how CSS classes are generated, so please pay particular attention to the themed output. Please report regressions immediately so that we can rectify them in a future release.
A sincere thank you to everyone who has helped with this release.
Change notices to be aware of:
- Row CSS class names no longer forced to lowercase, reverting to earlier behavior
- CSS classes output from tokens no longer concatenated together, reverting to earlier behavior
Full changelog since 7.x-3.16-rc1:
- Issue #2532932 by snehi, er.pushpinderrana: Typo in views.inc
- Issue #2758517 by ggrzywna: RTL support: buttons floated to the wrong side.
- Issue #2864117 by hass: Simplify verbiage around adding CSS classes, plus a typo.
- Revert "Issue #2864117 by hass: Simplify verbiage around adding CSS classes, plus a typo."
- Issue #2138093 by DamienMcKenna, zhuber: Disallow "q" as custom filter identifier.
- Issue #1760494 by DamienMcKenna: Allow the page title to be not assigned if it has the value "", matching standard block title handling.
- Issue #2752617 by Mirakolous, knalstaaf, jeni_dc, hein.corbet: Update to 7.x-3.14 breaks displays using CCS classes with spaces
- Issue #2754601 by joseph.olstad, Sergio.Tashdjian, sergiuteaca, malcolm_p: Pager stopped worked with all types of AJAX requests.
Changes since 7.x-3.15:
- Issue #1090432 by fubhy, Sam152, derhasi, rudiedirkx, othermachines, IT-Cru: Allow additional field-to-field conditions with the default views_join handler
- Issue #2768893 by joelpittet: Remove version compare for < PHP 5 because 5.2 is required by Drupal 7.
- Issue #2750021 by bsains: View Styles Plugin - row CSS class name was forced to lowercase.
- Issue #2422175 by IshaDakota, Canutza: Typo in help text for "Remove Search Score" setting in search term filter.
- Issue #2704557 by Rob C: Missing variable declaration in base.js.
- Issue #894560 by Alan D., mstrelan: Fixed additional warnings from invalid values being passed to format_date().
- Issue #2292721 by mpdonadio: Do not cause WSOD errors if comment.module is disabled.
- Issue #2446697 by tom.gillett: hook_views_post_render() did not work correctly if the current theme had a base theme.
- Issue #2553207 by Pravin Ajaaz: Invalid HTML entity in code example in views.api.php.
- Issue #2704459 by hiramanpatil: Views display "path" setting title should show the full path rather than the truncated version.
- Issue #2572117 by Steven Jones, liezie_D: Support for the AJAX path validation added to core 7.39.
- Issue #1822368 by mojzis: Missing return in area plugin example.
- Issue #2069677 by nbourdial, DamienMcKenna, rossb89, harivenuv: Initialize the query if needed when initializing a pager.
- Issue #2315365 by alexdmccabe: Pager should be built with view::get_exposed_input(), not $view->exposed_raw_input.
- Issue #2514694 by MustangGB: uid=NULL displays username as "Anonymous" rather than leave an empty response.
- Issue #1456836 by gifad: Verify the "identifier" variable exists in is_identifier_unique() before using it.
- Issue #1962712 by Cottser: Description for "Global: Combine" fields filter is inaccurate.
- Issue #1930288 by kristiaanvandeneynde, MustangGB, DamienMcKenna: views_join: incorrect handling of $extra parameter.
- Issue #1881910 by Berdir, johnv, miro_dietiker: Multiple exposed filters conflict, ignores "remember" option.
- Issue #2051869 by rudiedirkx: this.pagerAjax in attachPagerLinkAjax() is overwritten by every next link.
- Issue #1785224 by mstef: Search term bug when less than 4 characters.
- Issue #2328791 by chrisolof: entity_uri() options not retained when rendering links for taxonomy terms.
- Issue #2040281 by grasmash, znerol: Views PHP Fatal error: view::destroy() on cache clear when autoload enabled.
- Issue #2324931 by alex_drupal_dev, Owen Barton, harsha012, dhaval_panara, fegade_ravindra, paresha.uchdadiya: Comment missing period (coding standards).
- Issue #2828378 by dscl, jansete, klausi: Inconsistent name for term access query - SA-CORE-2016-005.
- Issue #1843776 by Cottser, joelpittet, sdstyles, steveoliver, Pete B: Remove unused template views-ui-edit-item.tpl.php.
- Issue #2609312 by mjpa: Wrong invocation of hook_views_query_substitutions.
- Issue #2689657 by cafuego: Comment date fields uses incorrect database column, added new fields for the actual "created" columns.
- Issue #1567784 by Cottser, krina.addweb: Typo fix and grammar tweak for User - "Row style options" help text.
- Issue #1715350 by aspilicious, dawehner, larowlan, jibran: Improved views_schema() to reduce out-of-memory errors.
- Issue #1684990 by scor, Bensbury: Added a description explaining why the "Remove tags from rendered output" is useful.
- Issue #2850719 by greggadsdon: PHP 7 incompatibility in views_plugin_style_mapping.
- Issue #2564595 by badjava: "clone" is a reserved keyword introduced in PHP 5 and cannot be invoked as a function.
- Issue #2329923 by deviantintegral: Missing @return docs in query().
- Issue #2003014 by InternetDevels: Unused variable $count in views_handler_area_result.