Video.js is a HTML5-based video player with a built-in Flash fallback for older browsers. This means that videos can be played on nearly all devices and operating systems, provided the right codecs are used.
This module is a support module for Video.js. It doesn't contain Video.js itself, but integrates it with the File, Link and Video modules after you've installed it.
New in version 8.x-1.x
- Support for Video.js 5.0.x
- Support for subtitle tracks.
- Support for looping, hiding player controls and changing preload behavior.
- Setup above settings for each field and view individually, as well as width and height of the player.
- Load the Video.js files from the Video.js CDN - downloading and installing the player is no longer necessary!
- Locate the Video.js files using the Libraries API.
|Module version||Video.js version||Flash fallback|
|6.x-1.x||2.0||Using SWF Tools or Flowplayer API|
|6.x-2.x||3.x||Comes with Video.js CDN|
|7.x-1.x||2.0||Using SWF Tools or Flowplayer API|
|7.x-2.x||3.x||Comes with Video.js CDN|
|7.x-3.x||4.x||Comes with Video.js CDN||8.x-1.x||5.x||Comes with Video.js CDN|
- Video.js homepage
- Video.js GitHub page (for support for the player itself)
- A guide for creating responsive videos
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Media, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 17,458 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 86,956
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: November 19, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.