This module is a Drupal implementation of the Video for Everybody! project.
Video for Everybody is very simply a chunk of HTML code that embeds a video into a website using the HTML5 element which offers native playback in Firefox 3.5+, Safari 3 & 4, iPhone, iPad, Google Chrome and an increasing number of other browsers. If HTML5 is not available the code falls back to a quicktime movie embed, if this is not available then flash is used, finally if flash is not available an image is displayed with a download link.
This approach leverages the benefits of HTML5 whilst maintaining backwards compatibility, all while providing support for a wide range of browsers/devices (full list here: http://camendesign.com/code/video_for_everybody/test.html).
Please note that this module is in early development and should not be used on production sites!
Module sponsored by Deeson eMedia - UK Drupal services
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Media
- Reported installs: 8 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,165
- Last modified: November 28, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.