A successor of Profile Privacy for Drupal 7 that works with standard Field API (ie. non-profile) user fields.
In easier-to-understand terms:
- All the user fields should have an "alterable privacy" checkbox.
- If this checkbox is ticked, the user should be presented with an additional checkbox for the privacy-enabled fields on user edit forms to be able to make that fields' values private.
- If this second checkbox is ticked for a field of a user, only the site administrators (members of roles with the "Access private fields" permission) and the user herself should be able to view that field's value.
Basically this is the same functionality that the Profile Privacy module had for profile fields in Drupal 5 (and 6). Given that profile.module is deprecated in D7 and Profile Privacy does not support standard Field API (ie. non-profile) user fields at all, this is a ground-up rewrite of that with Field API focused in mind.
Field UI is only needed while setting up which fields should have the "Private" checkboxes underneath them.
Module development was sponsored by KYbest.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, Content Access Control, Fields, User Management
- Reported installs: 523 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 16,749
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.