The User Badges module allows each user to be assigned 'badges' which can be displayed as a series of iconic images.
A popular use is to display the badges along with the user's information within forums, comments, or node postings. These badges can be assigned individually by the administrator or attached to a role so that, for example, all users in the 'admin' role will show the 'Administrator' badge which could display as a graphic letter 'A'.
Any badge can optionally be associated to a URL that links the image to a description page. If a user has more than one badge, there is also a mechanism that allows administrators to only show the highest-level badge. You can also set a special badge for blocked users and even override their role badges with this one.
User Badges can be used as a way to establish trust (in the same way as eBay's star graphics), or as an incentive for users. They can also be a quick way to identify moderators, administrators, or anyone with a given role.
This module also works with the ecommerce package, allowing product purchases to trigger badge assignment. In order to upload badge images you need to have the Upload module enabled.
- The 6.x-1.x-dev now has rules integration.
- 7.x-4.x Good news! We've got a working version of user badges as a fieldable entity. Thanks to @kporras07 for submitting the patch. This is in the dev version as there is still some work left to do, but it is fully functioning. We hope to get more people testing this and submitting their views.
- 7.x-3.x will be fully supported and is what we recommend. The production release is based on this version.
- 7.x-2.x is a major rewrite based on the Drupal API.
- 7.x-2.x is the initial port.
This project has been sponsored and maintained by Blackborder. They can be contacted for paid customizations of this module as well as Drupal consulting, installation, development, and upgrades.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 1,430 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 45,166
- Last modified: October 29, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.