This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Please note: this module is deprecated in favor of the BOTCHA module.
This module provides an unobtrusive form anti-spam method as an alternative to an HCI challege-response test such as a CAPTCHA
It differs from other spam blocking modules in two ways
- Unlike Captcha and Re-Captcha no additional human-computer interaction is required.
- Unlike Mollom or Akismet, form data is not submitted to a 3rd party server for analysis.
uncaptchalous uses two techniques to block bot form submission
- Honeypot: A text field labeled "email" is inserted into forms and then hidden with CSS. Form validation fails if this field is not empty.
I have used this module on around a dozen sites over the last couple of years. I was initially discouraged from adding this to contrib, but have been recently encouraged. So here it is.
Note: This module does NOT attempt to block human entered spam.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Reported installs: 11 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,348
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.