From Wikipedia: Up-selling is a sales technique whereby a salesman attempts to have the customer purchase more expensive items, upgrades, or other add-ons in an attempt to make a more profitable sale.
UC Upsell is an advertising / upselling module for Übercart that allows merchants to associate multiple products together. These "related products" can be displayed as a themeable block either at the cart page, on other product detail pages, or both. Since it's a block, it can be displayed whenever the themed block is called.
Options include the number of products to display, as well as whether or not to pad the list of related products with random products, should there not be enough related products based on the configuration.
- Create product associations on a per-node basis, or create them automatically via Taxonomy term id
- Each product's association can be reciprocated (one-to-one or one-to-many), allowing for mutual relationships between nodes
- A configurable block is created which can be shown on product or non-product pages
- Fully styleable
Upcoming Features in 6.x-2.x
- Multi-add to cart functionality
- Accessory node types (node type admin area will include a "These node types are accessories" selection list)
- Multiple blocks (perfect for "Choose your accessories" configurations)
The 5.x version of Upsell requires Imagecache 2 as well as Ubercart's "Cart Links" module to function correctly. The 6.x module only requires Ubercart.
All configuration is done from within the Upsell global config area at http://www.example.com/admin/store/settings/upsell, or in the Upsell block config at http://www.example.com/admin/build/block/configure/uc_upsell.
In the Global settings for Upsell, you can choose which Imagecache preset to use for all blocks, as well as which product classes to allow as recommended products. Note: when you create a new product class, you'll also have to activate it on this page, or else it won't show up in the select list (or in your Upsell blocks).
PLEASE NOTE: When you upgrade to the latest version, you may want to double-check that the images in your block are displaying correctly. If they are not, then you need to select the Imagecache Preset or Imagefield that you are using! These are configured at admin/store/settings/upsell.
Simply add the Upsell block (accessible by going to admin/build/block) to your layout. The cart block is displayed automatically (if any related products are available).
The Upsell module is being used on the following sites:
If you'd like your site to be listed here, drop me a PM!
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Reported installs: 575 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 12,355
- Last modified: December 2, 2014