The Ubercart Event Registration module is a feature package paired with a small 'glue' module which yields a simple event registration system. The main goal here was to tie together webform module with Ubercart 2.x to give us a registration sign-up form which could have completely custom and unlimited form information, unique to each event, which can be updated easily by a site editor with limited Drupal experience.
The main goal here is to glue together completely stock Ubercart and Webform modules, allowing them to do the heavy lifting. This module simply puts the pieces together in a way that wasn't previously possible without custom code.
To install the module, make sure you have all required modules in the install. Then, simply enable the uc_event_registration module found under the Ubercart - Extras package. This will automatically enable all required modules and the accompanying feature.
Using the Feature
There are no configuration screens for this module. To create a paid event with registration simply:
- Configure Ubercart with a payment method and all other necessary Ubercart stuff, as normal.
- Create a "Paid Event" node (this content type was created upon installation)
- This event will automatically have a webform attached (look for the webform tab) with 2 default fields. Never delete these fields as they're required to make this recipe work.
- Add any additional fields you'd like to collect in the webform. These additional fields are purely informational and are not (yet!) integrated into checkout
- Jump up and down with excitement because people can now pay to register for that event
- After some registrations, look at the event's webform results. You'll see all registrations there along with whether they've been paid for or not. (Ubercart automatically marks webform submissions as 'paid' after checkout is completed)
- Webform 6.x-3.6 or higher and Ubercart 6.x-2.x are required.
What about Drupal 7?
Most likely there won't be a D7 version of this module since the future of e-commerce in Drupal most likely isn't Ubercart. Followfor details.
You can also check out this basic feature for D7 and Drupal Commerce over on github.