Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This module enables site users to invite guests for a limited timespan. For each invitation, a new user is created, together with login code (e.g. "EbN2F3") that the user can use to log in. When the invitation expires, the associated user is either blocked or deleted, so the invited user can't log in anymore.
As opposed to the Invite module, Temporary Invitation focuses on restricted invitations, like guest accounts with extra limitations. Use the Invite module if you want to invite friends that are supposed to stay on the site for a long time and gain permissions similar to the ones of the inviting user.
- Admin-defined set of user roles that is assigned to invited users
- Notification by e-mail that is authored by the host user
- Customizable default time until expiration
- Customizable path where an invited user is redirected to after logging in
I (jpetso) am currently away from the Drupal community for quite some time, and won't be able to maintain this project as much as I'd like to. I hope that my company continues work on it, but if their work is not sufficient and you feel like taking co-maintainership, please get in contact with fago and it can surely be worked out. See you in 2009! (hopefully.)
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: User Access & Authentication
- Downloads: 6,708
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.