If you want to use this module, your options are:
- Choose another, actively maintained module instead
- Fix the module and then contact the security team to have your version reviewed and the project handed over to you following the abandoned project process
- Hire someone to fix the security bug so the module can be re-published (see this guide on how to hire a Drupal site developer)
Module creates a "Tell a Friend" page that allows page viewers to send form e-mails about the site to their friends.
Please try it out and let me know any bugs or feature requests. Only supports plain text for now.
5.x version has the following improvements :
* flood control with a default of 3 requests per hour. This value can be changed from the
settings page. This prevents malicious users from sending bulk emails from a drupal site where
tell-a-friend is enabled.
* restriction on the number of e-mail addresses that can be included per attempt. The default
is 10, but this number can also be changed from the settings page. This prevents malicious users from
exploiting tell-a-friend to send bulk emails.