Tao is a base theme for Drupal that is all about going with the flow. It is not
meant for general-purpose use, but instead takes care of several tasks so that
sub-themes can get on with their job:
- Aggressive resets of not only browser default styles but Drupal core defaults
- Unification of several template families into a single consistent format (e.g.
node.tpl.php, block.tpl.php, etc.)
- Theme overrides of several core annoyances (fieldsets, pagers)
- On-screen print stylesheet display and framework for further customized print
Tao makes several assumptions about how you, the themer, would like to work with
Drupal and the theme system:
- Minimize template overrides and leverage preprocessors as much as possible
- Preference for generalized styling over exceptions and particular design of
- High degree of control over CSS, particularly selector specificity
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 18,573 sites currently report using this theme. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 511,402
- Last modified: November 12, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.