Drupal 7 driver for Microsoft SQL Server database engines.
It supports both SQL Server Stand-Alone (version 2008 and later) and Azure SQL (version 12 and later).
Drupal 8 on PHP7 is supported using the latest version of the MSSQL Pdo driver.
The MSSQL PDO extension will work on both Windows and Linux Systems.
These are two reference blog posts valid for Drupal 7 and Drupal 8:
Azure Apps is the most flexible and innovative PaaS solution: deployment slots per branch, infrastructure as code, mix on-premises and cloud, predictable performance, load balanced A/B testing in production, autoscaling (both horizontal and vertical) and a very long etcetera of features... all at commodity hosting prices.
And it has support for Java, PHP, .Net, NodeJS, Python plus MySQL, Redis, Haddop and many other as-a-service.
Using the SQL Server module along with Wincache you can deploy Drupal on Azure Apps!
7.x-2.x, current maintenance and Drupal 8 support provided by DrupalOnWindows.com.
Branch 7.x-1.x (original implementation) was developed and supported by Commerce Guys, provider of innovative ecommerce solutions for Drupal.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Database Drivers
- Reported installs: 5,801 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 59,167
- Last modified: June 30, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.