This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Updated April 19th: Release Candidate 3 is now available with Drupal Core security release 8.2.8: 8.x-1.0-rc3
#Drupal8 - Follow @OpenSocialHQ for the latest updates.
Open Social - Social Business Software
Open Social is a distribution for building social communities and intranets. The distribution is positioned as the successor of Drupal Commons, taking full advantage of the new possibilities of Drupal 8.
Open Social is made by the same core team that created the award winning, Drupal based social community: 'Greenpeace Greenwire'.
We recommend using Composer to install Open Social. See download and install instructions at the bottom of this page. Furthermore:
- Our release planning and roadmap.
- And we use Drupal.org for bugs and feedback, see the issue queue.
- See the user manuals for (end) users, site and content managers.
Help wanted! - Contribute to Open Social
"Without Drupal distributions, we won't be able to successfully compete with commercial vendors. Drupal distributions have great potential, but we have to do them right, and we have to figure out how to make them sustainable." - Dries Buytaert (founder of Drupal)
Why should you get involved? :)
- You can use Open Social for your own projects and clients.
- You give back to the open-source community.
- As a Drupal freelancer or professional you improve your Drupal.org standing
Installation instructions with Composer
You have two options to start using Open Social right away. For the most technically minded you can download Composer and follow the instructions below. For detailed instructions on using Composer for Open Social read these installation instructions.
- PHP 5.6 or higher
Download Open Social with the following command
composer create-project goalgorilla/social_template:dev-master DIR --no-interaction
Composer will create a new directory called DIR. Inside this newly created directory you will find the html folder with the entire code base of Open Social distribution. You should be able to install it like any other Drupal site by using Drush or through the UI.
Installation instructions with Platform.sh
You can deploy and host your installation through Platform.sh. This makes installing and trying Open Social even easier. Get your free 30 day trail below.
Generate demo content (optional)
Following these instructions on generating demo content (Drush support only for now)
Commercial project support
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 397 sites currently report using this distribution. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 31,763
- Last modified: 19 April 2017
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.