Smileys is a text filter that substitutes ASCII smileys/smilies/emoticons with images.
This is a simple smiley-filter that allows the easy use of graphical smileys (or 'emoticons') on a Drupal site. It comes with a set of example smileys. An unlimited amount of custom smileys can be setup as well.
Add your own Smileys by importing ready to use packages available around the internet (e.g. phpBB emoticon "pak"s and Adium Emoticon packs). Extract them into FILES_DIRECTORY/smileys (usually sites/default/files/smileys) folder and import using the included "Smileys Import" module.
See INSTALL.txt for proper installation instructions.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Community, Content Display, Filters/Editors, Utility
- Reported installs: 850 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 46,580
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.