This module leverages the IP blocking feature in Drupal core. Automatically blocks and unblocks user IP address if too many incorrect login attempt were made. If N number of
failed_login_attempt_ip events were reported in
flood table within some interval then IP address will be added to
blocked_ips list for configured interval. Unblocking will happen on cron run when blocking time elapse.
How to use
- Install smart_ip_ban module
- Configure - No. of failed attempts to exclude, Check failed attempts reported in last x minutes, how long to ban and excluded IPs at admin/config/people/ip-blocking/settings
Make sure Drupal cron runs every few minutes or so to ensure unblocking happens within time bound
This module has been developed and maintained by Sivaji at KnackForge - The Drupal shop operating from Chennai, India. KnackForge offers Drupal development, consultancy, hosting and support to customers worldwide. Write to email@example.com to know more.
Development of this module was funded by PithPicker, the automatic News summarizer based on Machine Learning and Natural Langauge processing.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Spam Prevention, User Access & Authentication, User Management
- Reported installs: 89 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,086
- Last modified: June 26, 2015
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.