This module assists with the site/domain ownership authentication/verification for search engines. There are two types of verification methods supported: adding meta tags, or uploading a specific file. If you are provided with a file to upload, this module makes it easy because you can upload the file in the module's interface and the proper filename and file contents will be saved and used in the authentication process.
This module is useful for the following search engine verifications:
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Apps
- Bing Webmaster Central (formerly Live Search)
- Yahoo! Site Explorer
- Any search engine or web service that uses META tags or file upload to verify that you are the owner of a site.
- Google Apps Verification - hard-coded file name, can only be used for Google Apps.
- Meta tags - has support for meta tag verifications, but not file uploads.
How can you get involved?
- Help write or improve the handbook documentation.
- Write a review for this module on drupalmodules.com.
- Help translate this module at http://localize.drupal.org/translate/projects/site_verify.
- Report any bugs, feature requests, etc. in the issue tracker.
- Contact the maintainer with any comments, questions, or a quote for custom module customizations.
Drupal 8 port by Jim.M
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 61,607 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 351,601
- Last modified: July 1, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.