Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Simplenews Scheduler sends a newsletter as a re-occurring item based on a schedule.
It does so by creating a new
edition (rendered copy as HTML Format) of a node at the time that it required to be sent again. The editions have an extra tab (for those with permissions) for viewing all editions as well as the original newsletter they are generated from. The original newsletter is never sent but all editions are according to a pre-defined schedule which is triggered via cron and can be defined when you create or edit a simplenews node. Current options for sending are by day, week, and month.
Works great with Insert View to place the content of a view into a newsletter. (eg: [view:recent_articles=20])
An early Drupal 8 port is available. The Drupal 7 release is considered stable. It is recommended to use simplenews 6.x-2.x branch along with the 6.x-2.x release of this project for sending scheduled newsletters.
Changes in 8.x-1.x
- Port, Bugfixes, Global cleanup, adapt to D8 patterns
Changes in 7.x-1.x
- Port, Bugfixes, Global cleanup, adapt to D7 branch
- Hour + Minute granularity for scheduling
Changes in 6.x-2.x
- Allow you to specify PHP eval code to limit execution, ideal for limiting when the newsletter is sent against a view result, day of week, average temperature forecast or other web-services (see documentation/ for snippits)
- Many bug fixes
- Requires Simplenews 6.x-2.x branch
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Mail
- Reported installs: 1,887 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 22,217
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: May 25, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.