Simplenews Register gives the user an option of subscribing to a newsletter when they register for the site. This module adds the user registration form the the Simplenews block for the newsletter given the following conditions:
- The user is not logged in
- The anonymous user does not have permission to subscribe to a newsletter (You want to better track subscriber information)
- The Simplenews Register module is enabled and the newsletter is set so the registering user must opt out.
- The Simplenews block configuration is set to show the signup form
When the registration form appears the user will have the option to enter a username, e-mail address, and password if the user settings allow.
Instead of showing an error message when the username is already taken, the module automatically generates a name for the user, and notifies them of the change.
The user receives two emails after registration:
- inform them of successful signup to the site, and possible letting them know their new password/username
- confirm subscription to the newsletter
Development was sponsored by Tribute Media.