Note: As of 2014-07-02, this module is no longer supported. If you are interested in taking this module or its namespace over see: Dealing with unsupported projects.
The module will (on the cron) try and connect with the "Simplenews default From email address" mailbox (via imap) and do a best effort in understanding the bounce reports and saving them in the database in Drupal. The results are available in a view. (admin/reports/bounce)
Currently there is no active processing of bounces, you have to do that manually.
Only version 2.x is being developed and supported.
- simplenews (version 2.x)
- libraries (version 1.x)
- views (version 2.x)
- PHPMailer-BMH (Bounce Mail Handler) (version 5.0.0)
- A dedicated mailbox for bounce handling
- mimemail or another mail library
- Download, install and enable the module.
- Download and install the PHPMailer-BMH (Bounce Mail Handler) (version 5.0.0). Unpack the archive in /sites/all/libraries/PHPMailer-BMH/ so that the index.php file is in the root of the PHPMailer-BMH folder. (you may also use a more specific libraries folder that is compatible with the libraries module)
- Go to the settings page and configure your mailbox. (admin/settings/simplenews/bounce)
Bounce handling will start on the next cron run. Detailed reports can be found at admin/reports/bounce
- Some software (websever, OS, ...) could override the needed headers. (reply-to, errors-to, ...) Please open an issue if you are experiencing these problems so we can get them fixed.
- PHPMailer-BHM is not able to recognize all bounces. (yet?)
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Mail, Statistics
- Reported installs: 15 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 916
- Last modified: March 6, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.