#D7CX: There are a number of outstanding issues for the drupal 6 version. As soon as they are resolved a drupal 7 port will be done.
The Signwriter module allows you to use TrueType fonts to replace text in headings, blocks, menus and filtered text. It does this by replacing text with an image generated from a TrueType font file which you provide. Note: Signwriter requires the GD library to function.
Signwriter has a number of features:
- Multiple profiles allow you to have different settings for different headings.
- Profiles can provide input filters to replace text matching a regular expression.
- Images generated can be transparent or opaque.
- Text can be positioned within a background image.
- Text can be left, right, or center aligned.
- Font size can be automatically reduced to fit the text within a specified maximum width.
- Images are cached to improve performance under high load.
- Generated images can be gif, png, jpeg, or bmp.
- Themes can use profiles configured by a user, or create their own.
- To fit text within a maximum width you can select to display multiple lines instead of reducing font size.
- Drop shadows can be added to the text.
- Support for signwriter menus (as of 6.x-2.x)
Documentation and examples are available on the Signwriter documentation page.
There is now a 6.x-2.x version. This version has been refactored so that signwriter's functions will be more useful to other modules. The existing functionality of signwriter will remain. It also has much better support for using signwriter with menus.
Thanks to gpdinoz and skybow for the patch for the initial 6.x-2.x-dev conversion. More thanks again to skybow for much more work after that to get it to where it is now, including the great new menu functionality.
The 6.x-2.x version requires php5 or higher.
If you want to use signwriter on php4 versions you will have to download one of the 6.x-1.x versions by using the view all releases link below. These old version are no longer supported though.
About the Developers
Signwriter was developed by Agileware Pty Ltd, http://www.agileware.net and is co-maintained by eMPee584. Please contact us if you require a Drupal theme, custom Drupal module development, Drupal systems integration or have a complex Drupal project. We love Drupal!