A Services authentication provider that adds API-key access to an endpoint. Allows user selection for performing endpoint tasks.
1) Configure a user role:
Use this page to configure which user role should be used to display available users in the authentication configuration screen for an endpoint
2) Configure the API Key authentication settings for an endpoint
When setting up a new endpoint make sure the API Key Authentication option is checked under Authentication. Then edit the authentication settings, entering the API Key and selecting a user. Setting a user will mean that any requests to the endpoint with a valid API Key will perform all its actions as that user with the permissions defined for their role.
3) Making a request to the endpoint with a Key
The module will look for a POST or GET element called 'api-key' and look to compare this value against the API Key defined for the endpoint. Any requests without this value or with an invalid value will be blocked.
Services API Keys Authentication: This module allows keys to be generated on a per-user basis, unlike this module which currently supports only one key per endpoint. However, we're open to adding support for multiple keys per endpoint. Please contribute to if interested.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Administration, Third-party Integration, User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 1,626 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 12,645
- Last modified: August 2, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.