Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The RedHen Membership module provides a framework for managing individual (Contact) and organizational memberships. Optionally, you could assign user roles to Drupal users associated with active individual or organizational memberships. Memberships are a custom entity type/bundle. Therefore, memberships can be extended with additional fields.
- First, decide if you want to associate Drupal user accounts with RedHen Contacts. This is not a requirement for managing memberships. However, if you want to apply Drupal user roles to user accounts associated with RedHen Contacts, you need to enable this option at: Configuration > RedHen (/admin/config/redhen).
- Second, decide if you want RedHen to manage membership activation/expiration dates programmatically at: Configuration > RedHen (/admin/config/redhen)
- Then, create and configure one or more membership bundles at: Structure > RedHen > Membership Types (/admin/structure/redhen/membership_types). Optionally, you can select a Drupal user role to be assigned to user accounts associated with Contacts entities that are associated with active individual or organizational memberships.
- Note this cascade. If an organization has an active membership that is configured to apply a Drupal user role. All Drupal user accounts associated with Contact entities that are, in turn, associated with this organization will receive the Drupal user role.
- When looking at a Contact or Organization entity, go to the "Memberships" tab.
- Click "Add membership." If more than one membership bundle is available, choose the type of membership you want to create.
- Optionally, enter the start/end dates for the membership.
- Choose the "state" of the membership. "Active" memberships will apply the associated Drupal user role(s).
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, E-commerce, Third-party Integration, User Management
- Reported installs: 421 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 8,006
- Last modified: March 10, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.