Drupal by default sends Password Reset URL by mail to user's email id in password recovery mail, but Recovery Password module makes it possible for Drupal to send any random generated password(new password) by email instead of URL to the user.
Recovery Password Module alters default Drupal password reset process and makes it possible to
send the new password in recovery email
itself. In this case, when user clicks on forgot password providing valid username or email address, new password is generated randomly and is sent to the user email address.
The password recovery email body and subject to be sent to user is configurable and corresponding configuration settings are available at admin/config/people/recovery-pass.For displaying new password please use
[user_new_password] placeholder in the email body.
Important: As of now Recovery Password Module overrides default Drupal behaviour for password recovery and hence the previous settings will not work once the module is enabled till it is disabled again. User tokens are available in this case also.
Warning !!! Once forgot password is clicked for a user, the password gets changed for that user immediately.
Added Functionality: After Password Reset, next time the user enters with old password, a warning message saying that the password has been reset is shown to the user which is configurable and can be disabled also. While in case user enters any password other than the old one, that warning message will no more appear for that user.
* HTMLMAIL (https://www.drupal.org/project/htmlmail)
When enabled Recovery Password module, it supports HTML Mail. You can use html in recovery email's body to be sent to the user at module configuration settings.
* TOKEN (https://www.drupal.org/project/token)
When enabled user tokens would be available in configuration settings for email body.
* The password recovery email body and subject to be sent to user is configurable and corresponding configuration settings are available at admin/config/people/recovery-pass.For displaying new password please use [user_new_password] placeholder in the email body.
* If HTMLMAIL module exists then write mail in HTML format else email body will be sent as plain text considering new line.
* Warning Message to be shown, if user after resetting the password uses the old password again is configurable and can be enabled/disabled. By default warning message will be shown.
* Redirect Path after user submits Forgot Password Form is also made configurable with recovery password module.
As of now, Recovery Module alters user_pass form and hence it works at only Request new password form at url: /user/password . In case the module is not working properly, you may try:
* Clear the cache
* Reinstall the module after disable and uninstallation.
Q: Will existing default Drupal [user:one-time-login-url] as provided by Password Recovery Settings at admin/config/people/accounts work at configuration settings?
A: No, Recovery Password Module overrides Drupal default behaviour.
Q: If htmlmail module exists can we send simple plain text mail at configuration settings?
A: Yes and new lines would be considered too automatically.
Q: Once Reset, will user be able to login using old password?
Q: How to include new password in mail at configuration settings?
A: Use [user_new_password] placeholder.
Q: If htmlmail module is not installed, then will new line be considered at configuration settings?
A: Yes, new line will automatically be considered if htmlmail module is not installed.
* Purushotam Rai (https://drupal.org/user/3193859)
This project has been sponsored by:
QED42 is a web development agency focussed on helping organisations and individuals reach their potential, most of our work is in the space of publishing, e-commerce, social and enterprise.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: User Access & Authentication, User Management
- Reported installs: 407 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,885
- Last modified: 5 June 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.