Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Note: As of 2/9/2016 - "I...... Live...... AGAIN!!!!!"
This modules allows for the creation of two dimensional (2D) QR barcodes.
QR codes are a popular type of two-dimensional barcode. They are also known as hardlinks or physical world hyperlinks. QR Codes store up to 4,296 alphanumeric characters of arbitrary text. This text can be anything, for example URL, contact information, a telephone number, even a poem! QR codes can be read by an optical device with the appropriate software. Such devices range from dedicated QR code readers to mobile phones.
QR Codes has an open, pluggable, architecture allowing administrators to decide what encoding engine they want to use for barcode image generation. Currently the module implements 3 engines as sub modules:
- qr_codes_google_chart.module. This engine uses Google Chart API to generate barcodes. Learn more at http://code.google.com/apis/chart/docs/gallery/qr_codes.html.
- qr_codes_qrencode.module. It uses Libqrencode which is a C library for encoding data in a QR Code. See http://megaui.net/fukuchi/works/qrencode/index.en.html.
- [In progress. See PHP QR Code library as engine to create barcodes. See http://phpqrcode.sourceforge.net/. ] qr_codes_phpqrcode.module. Is using the
At least one of these sub-modules must be enabled in order to generate QR Codes. Developers can plug additional engines by implementing
The module exposes an API for creating your own barcodes, a theme function for returning the images, and a block for displaying configurable node data as a qr code. QR code images are cached locally for faster performance and further manipulation. The module plays well with Imagecache and Token, which are recommended but not required.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Module categories: Content Display, Mobile, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 108 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 8,308
- Last modified: January 24, 2017
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!