Provision CiviCRM is an Aegir module to automatically manage Drupal instances with CiviCRM, a constituent relationship management (CRM) solution geared toward meeting the needs of non-profit and other civic-sector organizations.
UPDATE 2015-09-04: provision_civicrm will be included by default in Aegir 3.2. To support this, provision_civicrm will be merged in hosting_civicrm. Once this is done, this project page will be deprecated. Issues should be opened in hosting_civicrm's issue tracker. For status, check: .
- Automate the installation of new CiviCRM/Drupal instances,
- Easy interface to backup & restore the instance (database and files),
- Upgrade or clone instances (including upgrading CiviCRM itself), perfect for automating maintenance upgrades, testing on dev sites, etc.
- Supports localized installations in other languages, based on the Drupal core language.
- Required: hosting_civicrm module for the Aegir front-end. This manages the CiviCRM cron and other features.
- Required: Provision/Aegir >= 2.x, Drush >= 5.x
- Recommended: CiviCRM >= 4.2 (although it should work with older versions, up to 3.3.5);
- Supports Drupal 6 and Drupal 7 (Drupal 8 will be supported)
- Install a copy of the code of provision_civicrm in your /var/aegir/.drush/ directory
- In Aegir, create a platform with CiviCRM located in sites/all/modules/ (or in an install profile)
- In Aegir, add the platform inside Aegir (Node -> add -> platform)
When new sites are created in the platform, provision_civicrm will detect that CiviCRM is available and will automatically install it.
The hosting_civicrm_cron module, part of hosting_civicrm, will take care of running crons.
For more documentation, see: http://community.aegirproject.org/contrib-modules/provision-civicrm
The README.txt may also have more information.
Please use the issue queue and report with as much detail as possible, including the Drupal/CiviCRM/Aegir/drush version. If possible, include a full listing of the task run.
Test with the latest git version before reporting an issue. The latest git 6.x-2.x branch is usually stable.
Automatic functional testing is being worked on in the vagrant_scripts_aegir_civicrm project.
For commercial hosting, support and development, see the supporting organisations below.
See the issues queue for unresolved issues.
This project is made possible thanks to the people and organisations using it. Supporting a wide range of versions of CiviCRM, drush, Aegir, BOA, etc, is a lot of work. Please consider supporting the project if possible by contacting one of the supporting organisations listed below, or send the project maintainer a beer.