Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The Privatemsg Bulkmail module is intended for site administrators who want to send out an identical private message to a large user base (100.000 users and more). An example use case would be an internal notification to all registered users through a private message.
This module requires the amazing Privatemsg module.
The Privatemsg module itself (version 6.x-2.x and higer) offers a feature to send messages to roles. The following description of the feature set describes how this module differs from that Privatemsg feature:
- Send out private messages from a specific user (instead of the current user)
- Define a dedicated bulk message user and prevent that user from logging in (to prevent performance issues)
- Prevent users from responding to a bulk mail message
- Include AND exclude recipient group of a bulk mail. Example: Send out a bulk mail to all authenticated users that are not site admins
- Restrict the recipient group to users who logged in or signed up after a certain date
- Send an individual test message to a specified user before sending out the bulk mail
For further documentation, please have a look at the README.txt file included with the module.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Commerce/Advertising, Community, E-commerce, Mail, Utility
- Reported installs: 30 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,713
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!