The module stores the browser cookie information about the user so the popup is displayed only once, first time the user visits your website.
N.B This doesn't use the Drupal 8 core dialog module in any way.
Installation is like any other module. Since, there is no external JS library being used you place the module under /modules directory. That's it. Go to Extend and enable the module.
drush en popup_dialog.
- Once the module is installed, go to '/admin/config/popup_dialog/popupsettings'.
- When enable checkbox is checked, users will be getting the Popup based on cookie.
- The Title field is for the title of the Popup
- The Body field is the content of the Popup.
- Delay amount is the time lag after which the popup will be shown to the user.
- Top Offset is the vertical spacing of the popup from top.
Save the configuration and clear the cache.
Now whenever a new user visits your website they will be visited by the popup, but only for the first time.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Utility
- Reported installs: 48 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 411
- Last modified: January 4, 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.