Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
This module is currently being rewritten for Drupal 7 and Panels 3
The main use case for this module is to use panels as the default layout manager for your main content area. Use variants and selection rules to have multiple panel layouts around the site.
This module should not be at odds with Panels Everywhere as it merely seeks to provide a site-wide panel page which takes over the $content variable in your page.tpl.php. Panels Everywhere is geared towards replacing page.tpl.php and positioning all elements of the theme using panels (Logo, site name / slogan, navigation, tabs etc..).
The rewrite has been sponsored by Itomic Web Design.
How to use
The module works straight out of the box, enabling it will do the following:
- Automatically add a new Panel page called "Content Template [Panels Sections]"
- This page has a single variant named "Default"
- In the "Default" variant, there is a "Page content placeholder" pane
- Panels Sections will automatically place your normal page content into the "Page content placeholder" pane.
From here, the sky is the limit!
- Change the layout of the panel.
- Throw in some more panes.
- Add as many variants as you like, and simply switch between them using "Selection rules" based on your own needs.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display
- Reported installs: 82 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,631
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!