This module implements an OpenID Provider in Drupal based on the OpenID Authentication 2.0 specification. It turns your Drupal site into an OpenID provider and allows users of your site to login to any other OpenID-enabled site using their Drupal password and identity.
Note that the OpenID 2.0 specification is being replaced by the new OpenID Connect standard, especially by Google, which will shut down OpenID 2.0 support by september 2014. Drupal site administrators are encouraged to consider the new OAuth2 Server module (for server-side) and OpenID Connct module (for client-side). Installing both OAuth2 server and OpenID Provider side-by-side should be possible, but remains to be tested.
Also note that this module is now in minimal maintenance mode will probably see very little changes in the future, especially now that the OpenID client has left Drupal core.
- OpenID profile - allows exchanging user's profiles data with other OpenID sites, you may also consider:
- OpenID SSO provider - Single Sign-On support
There are a lot of other alternatives for credentials sharing amongst different sites, here are a few:
- OpenID URL - use your site as an OpenID but by delegating the responsability to a third party provider
- OpenID connect: OAuth2 Server module (for server-side) and OpenID Connct module (for client-side)
- Oauth - alternative approach using something like a "valet key" instead of authentication, client and server side
- BrowserID - a completely different protocol developed by Mozilla, client side only
- Bakery - a Drupal-specific Single Sign On (SSO) implementation, client and server implementation
- Kerberos - Kerberos SSO implementation, client side only
- Shibboleth - Shibboleth SSO implementation, client side only
- simpleSAMLphp authentication - alternative to Shibboleth module, includes client and server implementations
- CAS - implementation of the Central Authentication Service protocol, client and server implementations
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 200 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 11,909
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.