What is it?
The Open Calais is an integration of the Thomson Reuters' Calais web service into the Drupal platform. The Calais Web Service automatically creates rich semantic metadata for the content you submit – in well under a second. Using natural language processing, machine learning and other methods, Calais analyzes your document and finds the entities within it. But, Calais goes well beyond classic entity identification and returns the facts and events hidden within your text as well. The web service is free for commercial and non-commercial use. It requires registration to obtain an API Key.
- Re-worked Drupal 7 version no longer requires ARC2 RDF library.
- Drupal 6 version re-work in progress. Re-work involves extracting ARC2 RDF dependency as well. Versions 6.x-3.8 and higher no longer require ARC2
- Drupal 8 version planned for fall of 2016
- Drupal 7 ability to index all available text fields not just the body.
Tagging Integration with Nodes and Taxonomy
This provides the capability to integrate Calais Entity, Event, and Fact metadata with Drupal Nodes. The Calais module lets you configure which Content Types should be analyzed by Calais for metadata extraction on update. The metadata returned can then be automatically assigned to vocabularies, or it can only suggest terms allowing full user control of the tagging (think of del.icio.us recommending tags). A flexible set of hooks allows 3rd party modules to make modifications before or after Calais metadata has been processed and applied.
Drupal 6 Maintained
Drupal 6 Maintenance Releases are still supported.. If you are running a Drupal 6 site, support and development will be maintained as long as there is demand! I know a lot of older sites run Drupal 6 - and I want to make sure you have the fixes you need.
Primary development happens on BitBucket with the public repository being hosted here. You can submit bugs and pull requests here if you choose or use the issue queue.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Location, Syndication, Taxonomy, Third-party Integration, Utility
- Reported installs: 299 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 52,505
- Last modified: August 12, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.