Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The Nice messages popup module changes how Drupals status, warning and error messages are showing up by giving flexible stylable nice looking fading little jQuery-popups like on Social networks at hand, provided by the small and fast jQuery jGrowl plugin. It can be activated globally or partially for certain pages / users and prevents the typical cluttering caused by error messages getting in the way by moving the grid and layout of a website up and down.
The jQuery jGrowl plugin beats all its competitors because it supports all browsers including older Browsers like IE6 and loads with a very small size of less than 6kb.
Default installation and setup instructions
- Download module (either:)
- from the release section below and unpack into
- via Drush:
drush dl nicemessages
- Download and unpack the free available small jQuery jGrowl plugin from the authors website here into
sites/all/librariesand rename the unpacked folder to "jgrowl".
- Activate the module via yoursite/admin/modules or Drush
drush en nicemessages -yand choose a global or user/pages specific popup behaviour under
- Finally (if enabled before) go to your userprofile-settings-page and activate displaying system messages with Nice messages for your user account individually.
- Administrators can customize module behavior at
yoursite/admin/config/system/nicemessagesto set up Nice messages to their needs, like:
- Style, popup delay, holding time, where on the screen (left, right,center,top,bottom), background error message colors, shadows, and many more.
- Additionally, to style font, color, images, background, borders, etc. to fit the look and feel to your needs, it is possible to use css theme overrides (styles presets and export planned).
- Option to toggle Nice messages for pages on a path basis
- Option to toggle Nice messages system wide on a per user basis
- Different color styles of popup messages
- Different positions of popup messages
- Different fading and holding times for each message type
- Option to modify user permissions to toggle Nice messages per user role
- Nice and clean fallback to Drupals default system messages for all toggled off scenarios.
- The basic jgrowl message popup module was initially written by blazey for the monthly Meant4 Drupal Contrib Contest.
- The module is remapped with additional features and maintained now by diqidoq (Digidog) since Sommer 2011.
Comparison and Story
Development partially sponsored by...
MAROQQO digital media have allowed employees to work on this module on company time. Thanks!
Note about reported installs below: Accurate numbers are currently unavailable. Please read here why:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 2,385 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 14,150
- Last modified: January 28, 2017
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.