The Nice messages popup module changes how Drupals status, warning and error messages are showing up by giving flexible stylable nice looking fading little jQuery-popups like on Social networks at hand, provided by the small and fast jQuery jGrowl plugin. It can be activated globally or partially for certain pages / users and prevents the typical cluttering caused by error messages getting in the way by moving the grid and layout of a website up and down.
The jQuery jGrowl plugin beats all its competitors because it supports all browsers including older Browsers like IE6 and loads with a very small size of less than 6kb.
Default installation and setup instructions
- Download module (either:)
- from the release section below and unpack into
- via Drush:
drush dl nicemessages
- Download and unpack the free available small jQuery jGrowl plugin from the authors website here into
sites/all/librariesand rename the unpacked folder to "jgrowl".
- Activate the module via yoursite/admin/modules or Drush
drush en nicemessages -yand choose a global or user/pages specific popup behaviour under
- Finally (if enabled before) go to your userprofile-settings-page and activate displaying system messages with Nice messages for your user account individually.
- Administrators can customize module behavior at
yoursite/admin/config/system/nicemessagesto set up Nice messages to their needs, like:
- Style, popup delay, holding time, where on the screen (left, right,center,top,bottom), background error message colors, shadows, and many more.
- Additionally, to style font, color, images, background, borders, etc. to fit the look and feel to your needs, it is possible to use css theme overrides (styles presets and export planned).
- Option to toggle Nice messages for pages on a path basis
- Option to toggle Nice messages system wide on a per user basis
- Different color styles of popup messages
- Different positions of popup messages
- Different fading and holding times for each message type
- Option to modify user permissions to toggle Nice messages per user role
- Nice and clean fallback to Drupals default system messages for all toggled off scenarios.
- The basic jgrowl message popup module was initially written by blazey for the monthly Meant4 Drupal Contrib Contest.
- The module is remapped with additional features and maintained now by Digidog since Sommer 2011.
Comparison and Story
Development partially sponsored by...
Note about reported installs below: Accurate numbers are currently unavailable. Please read here why:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 1,992 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 10,025
- Last modified: December 2, 2014