Modernizr tests which native CSS3 and HTML5 features are available in each browser and makes the results available to you in two ways: as properties on a global Modernizr object, and as classes on the
<html> element. This information allows you to progressively enhance your pages with a granular level of control over the experience.
This Drupal module provides deep integration with the Modernizr JS library, allowing other modules or themes to register tests, load additional assets as needed, and even create new copies of the Modernizr library when a website's requirements change. Read more below.
- Download a Modernizr custom build
- Copy modernizr-X.Y.min.js to
- Enable the module
If you use Drush, the module will automatically download a development version for you when you enable the module.
Why use Modernizr?
How it works
<html> element for you to use within your CSS. Modernizr supports dozens of tests, and optionally includes yepnope.js for conditional loading of external .js and .css resources. Note: yepnope.js has been deprecated and will not be present in Modernizr Drupal module 7.x-4.x.
Branch and development information
- 7.x-3.x: Latest stable release. Active development branch. Supports Modernizr.load(), drush, and provides an API to other modules.
- 7.x-2.x: Supports Modernizr 2.x. Has basic support for server side Modernizr. This branch accepts bugfixes only.
- 6.x-1.x: Stable version for 6.x. Supports Modernizr 1.x. The newer versions should work, but there might be some bugs.
This module is made possible by the work of these ❤ amazing developers ❤
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 10,281 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 34,269
- Last modified: December 2, 2014