By default in Drupal, the maximum depth of a menu links tree is fixed to 9.
Menu Depth Limit allows to assign a lower maximum depth to a menu.
menu_depth_limit folder to your
admin/build/modules and enable the module.
admin/structure/menu and add/edit a menu.
The new Depth Limit option there allows you to set a value lower than the default 9 for the edited menu.
By design behaviours
- To avoid any conflict with other contributed modules, Menu Depth Limit acts only at UI level: it will never prevent modules from programmatically creating menu links beyond the configured depth limit.
- Furthermore, if you assign to an existing menu a depth limit that is lower than the actual depth of the menu, Menu Depth Limit will temporarily ignore your setting, considering the actual depth of the menu as the active depth limit.
Once you have rearranged your menu links so that actual menu depth respects your setting, it will become the active depth limit.
This module is sponsored by Absyx.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Administration, Site Navigation
- Reported installs: 453 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,902
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.