This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
This is a GSoC 2011 project: Derivatives API for Media ecosystem (D7).
The goal of this project is to implement Derivatives API for Media Library (Media, Styles, ...) ecosystem in Drupal 7. This API will provide a flexible, extensible and abstract API to implement derivation engines for different types of files.
This module is still under heavy development and should not be used in any production environment!
Info for plugin developers
Derivatives API currently introduces 4 types of plugins, that can be implemented in 3rd party modules to extend API's functionality. API's rough structure should be fixed at the moment, but some changes could still happen. You can contact me if you start working on a plugin module and I will communicate with you about the planned changes. Any suggestions on how to make this API better are also welcome.
You can find some developer resources in module's API reference and on blog post where I explain API structure.
Media derivatives installation profile is a great starting point if you want to start developing or testing this API.
- Simple ffmpeg engine
- YouTube derivatives engine
- Media HTML5 video (2x derivatives preset + formatter for video files)
- Kewego derivatives (sandbox)
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Media
- Reported installs: 161 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 3,833
- Last modified: 21 November 2015
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.