As it currently functions this module is a Static Site Generator. This means that given a Drupal menu, Mobile App Generator will try to convert that to a static site including adding .html extensions and changing paths on src links as necessary. As such this module is a great case study in how to use Drupal as a static site generator.
If you are looking at creating mobile apps that wrap HTML sites then you should investigate Single Page Applications. Single Page Applications are easier to maintain than a folder of static .html files.
This presentation at DrupalCamp Austin was my first introduction to Single Page Applications and how many tools there are available to create mobile apps.
Cross-platform apps by Michael Favia and Dane Macaulay
Left for legacy purposes:
- Build a site
- Add a mobile theme
- Install mag (Mobile App Generator)
- Select a menu, export the site (site.com/admin/mag)
- The menu must have a link pointing to <front> to generate the index.html(as of May 9th, 2012)
- Copy it to phonegap and ready is your PhoneGap mobile app
Watch the video from DrupalCon Denver for more information.
The project has been sponsored by Trellon.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Module categories: Mobile
- Reported installs: 59 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,926
- Last modified: January 11, 2015
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.