Location taxonomize allows for the creation and maintenance of a 'Location Vocabulary' - a vocabulary which contains hierarchical location information (e.g. Country -> State/Province -> City). The data in the Location Taxonomy is updated every time new content is added.
This allows for the automatic creation and synchronization of address/location based vocabularies, and thereby opens up this data to the wide range of Taxonomy functionalities and modules.
- Create and maintain a Location Vocabulary populated and synchronized with data collected by either Location or Address Field
- Customize the structure of your hierarchy. For instance, you could build structures like Country -> State -> City -> Place Name or Country ->City
- If you already have a vocabulary you use for hierarchical locations, you can tell Location Taxonomize to use your existing vocabulary, which will then be automatically maintained and synchronized
- Bulk import already-existing locations/addresses into the Location Vocabulary
- Optionally attach Location Vocabulary terms to nodes with those locations automatically
- Currently only supports one Location Vocabulary
To use with the Location module, you must use Location 7.x-3.x-dev. A 7.x-4.x version will be created once there is a stable Location 7.x-4.x release.
NOTE: Currently does not work with the Location CCK field. Support for this is coming (see
Compatible with Address Field 7.x-1.x
Other modules can use Location Taxonomize to "taxonomize" their location data. Modules that are doing this:
A D6 backport is not planned.
Setup & Usage Instructions
See the README
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Location, Taxonomy
- Reported installs: 1,493 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 11,767
- Last modified: December 5, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.