We needed a batch of capabilities associated with what would normally be considered affiliation, i.e., an affiliate sells or recommends your products. These capabilities either weren't available via other modules or weren't available for both Drupal 5 and Drupal 6.
Landing Pages is a "swiss army knife". It provides an internal interface (documentation will eventually be provided) so that new capabilities associated with landing pages can be developed. As shipped we provide the following add-ons:
- click - Count each arrival at a landing page.
- cookie - Emit a cookie upon arrival at a landing page.
- redirect - Redirect from the landing page to some other page.
- switchtheme - Switch the theme of your site upon arrival at the landing page.
- ubercart - Keep track of products purchased through ubercart
Each landing page can be associated with zero or more referrers. Additional add-ons can be written to operate only when the landing page is reached via a valid referrer.
Landing pages is somewhat idiosyncratic and specific to the needs of my current client. However the add-on capability allows the generation of some very powerful capabilities very easily.
For those in need of a complete affiliation module, I would suggest something on the order of affiliate2.
Special thanks to the folks at Economic Security Planning, Inc. for allowing this work for pay to be placed in the public domain.