Due to lack of usage there seems little point in continuing to maintain this module.
Contact me if you want to maintain it.
What It Does
This module adopts the known (or recognised) user concept, like you see on websites like eBay and Amazon, where a user who has previously logged in to the site is remembered by a cookie. In the case of this module, the site administrator can optionally assign a role to known users, extending their permissions to do some things that are more than an anonymous user can do.
As an example, with a site I'm working on you have to login to download files. However, for "remembered" known users we don't want them to have to login just to get a file - that's annoying - so we'll create a 'known user' role, set it as the role for known users to receive (in admin/user/known-user-role) and allow it to download files. That means you don't have to login fully to download files, but you must have logged in at least once on that computer in the last 30 days.
Current To Do List
- Make the timeout period an admin setting, rather than hard set to 30 days
- Add an admin option to clear the page cache on page load for known users
Raise a feature request if you would like to add to this list.
Sponsors & Developers
Please note, if you raise an issue and I do not respond after a few days, feel free to nudge me via my contact form on Drupal.org.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: User Access & Authentication, User Management
- Downloads: 2,636
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.