Kaltura’s Open Source All-in-One Video Module for Drupal
Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience. A recognized leader in the OTT TV (Over the Top TV), OVP (Online Video Platform), EdVP (Education Video Platform) and EVP (Enterprise Video Platform) markets, Kaltura has emerged as the fastest growing video platform, and as the one with the widest use-case and appeal. Kaltura is deployed globally in thousands of enterprises, media companies, service providers and educational institutions and engages hundreds of millions of viewers at home, in work, and at school. The company is committed to its core values of openness, flexibility, and collaboration, and is the initiator and backer of the world's leading open-source video-management project, which is home to more than 100,000 community members. For more information visit corp.kaltura.com, Join the community discussion board and explore Kaltura on GitHub.
What is Kaltura’s Video Module for Drupal?
A standard Drupal Module that integrates the Kaltura video platform capabilities into Drupal, allowing you to instantly enrich your Drupal site with video, audio, and images. Kaltura’s video platform and video module for Drupal is an enterprise grade solution that offers comprehensive powerful functionality and full control over content ownership, without the need to run your own video operation. The module handles every aspect of rich-media, including uploading and importing content, transcoding, content management, syndication, monetization, distribution, and more.
Why use it?
If you are looking to add rich media functionality to your Drupal site, the Kaltura module provides an enterprise grade professional video experience.
- Easy to install and get started
- Seamless integration with the Drupal platform - the module was developed specifically for Drupal, and integrates with other features and modules, such as cron, metadata and taxonomy features.
- Start off for free – open a trial account and get 10GB of free hosting and streaming.
- This is not your average video embed tool. Leverage the full power of our Online Video Platform, including: hosting, streaming, transcoding, superb playback, support for mobile devices, player branding, audience engagement, monetization, video management, social sharing, and more (see features below).
Module's Key Highlights
- Drupal 7 compliant (Kaltura also offers a module for Drupal 6)
- Easy upload of video, audio and image, with automatic transcoding
- Import video directly to your site or record from a webcam
- User Engagement - allow users to add video and audio comments on any page
- Reach your users anywhere and on any device (including iPhone and iPad, web, and set-top boxes
- Full control of the player and content – play your own ads and create your own related content
- Hosting, streaming and automatic transcoding of media - all seamlessly performed on the Kaltura cloud (or on your local Kaltura installation)
- Easy skinning, theming and integration with other Drupal modules
- Flexibility and granularity - Each media file is created as a Drupal Video Field
- Drupal permissions integration – Administrators decide who can view/edit content and metadata, with granular permissions at field level
- Full integration with Drupal Views - including predefined views
- Full synchronization of content, metadata and tags between Drupal and the Kaltura system
The Added Value of the Kaltura Video Platform
- Central media content management – through the Kaltura Management Console
- Optimal Playback Experience – use the fastest and most reliant delivery with pre-integrated leading CDNs (as used by our top media clients), adaptive bitrate technology and mobile delivery
- Kaltura analytics as well as plugins for market leading analytics solutions (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.)
- Fully customizable player branding and features- promote your brand with every play
- Full control of the player's content - play your own ads and create your own related content
- Full mobile and HTML5 video support ensuring seamless playback on any device
- Analytics - gauge popularity of your content and improve performance
- Support for Video Advertising & Monetization
- Social Sharing – across 50+ social networks, blogs, and sites or via HTML embed code
- Access control – allow or prohibit access to your content for specific domains, geographies, IP addresses, etc.
- Multi-lingual captions and subtitles
Hosting & Streaming Options
Kaltura Hosted Solution – Free Trial and Affordable Packages
When you signup with Kaltura on www.kaltura.com you get 10GB free hosting and streaming using Kaltura’s world-class CDNs and hosting facilities. For more information on our packages beyond 10GB, please contact us and we'll get right back to you: http://corp.kaltura.com/about/contact
You can also connect your Kaltura Video module to the Kaltura Community Edition - the self-hosted, community supported version of Kaltura's Open Source Online Video Platform – all behind your own firewall and on your own servers for free. Learn more and download Kaltura CE, or read the Drupal + KalturaCE setup docs.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK), Content Display, Fields, Media, Mobile, Third-party Integration, Views
- Reported installs: 1,004 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 32,493
- Last modified: February 20, 2015