Please note that the 1.x and 2.x versions are very different modules. If you upgrade, you will probably need to re-configure things. The 2.x branch is a direct port from views_isotope module.
Please note that this module requires some CSS in your theme to get it to look & play nice. There are many ways to style it, which are explained in the installation guide.
- Uses version 2 of Isotope.
- Integrates with views module, but does not rely on it. Isotope grids can also be made by passing your own lists of data to standard theme functions.
- A fully-featured example module showing both the theme-method and the view-method.
- An interface for creating reusable configurations (ctools exportables) with different layout modes and settings for use throughout the site.
- Allow multiple instances on a single page. You can specify:
- Multiple filters apply to one grid.
- One filter apply to multiple grids.
- Each filter applies to its own grid.
- Does not rely on jQuery Update.
- Integrates with Views Infinite Scroll module.
- Provides a context reaction.
- Optional hash history - filters and sorts in the url.
- RTL support.
- Need to test with various layout modes and plugins.
- Figure out a way to have more flexible filters. E.g. checkboxes, nested hierarchy, etc.
- Play nice with server-side views exposed filters.
- Views Isotope: Has been assimilated into this module.
- Masonry API: Masonry (the layout engine) without Isotope (dynamic filtering/sorting).
- Library Pack: A pack of libraries including Isotope.
- Views Fluid Grid - jQuery Masonry
- Isotope: @GregAdams sandbox of D7 version that implements multiple layouts
- Views Isotope: @funkym sandbox of D6 version
- Isotopia: @nyariv sandbox that uses reusable configurations.
- Views Isotope - Advanced: A precursor to version 7.x-2.x of this module.
Additional functionality can be provided by enabling the following modules:
Follow the instructions over at https://www.drupal.org/node/2634162
IMPORTANT: The Isotope library licensing is confusing. The code is licensed as GPLv3, but claims commercial use requires an additional license that costs from $25-290. That commercial license is a tax on ignorance. Developers cannot dictate how GPL software is used. The Isotope library itself cannot be included with the module because all code committed to Drupal.org must be compatible with both GPLv2 and GPLv3. Code downloaded from Drupal.org includes a GPLv2 LICENSE.TXT file, but is licensed as GPLv2 or later. By using the GPLv3 licensed Isotope library with this Drupal module, you taking advantage of the 'or later' option of Drupal's licensing. Please do not open issues about Isoptope's licensing in this project. Those should be sent to email@example.com. General questions about Drupal licensing can be directed to the Drupal Licensing Working Group.