This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
This API is meant to be used in place of the API provided by image.inc. You probably do not need to install this module unless another module are you using requires it. It provides no new features to your Drupal site. It only provides an API other modules can leverage. Currently GD2 and ImageMagick support are distributed with ImageAPI.
This module is specifically for Drupal 6 and older. This module has been integrated into Drupal 7, with the exception of ImageMagick integration, which has been moved to the ImageMagick project.
Differences from Drupal core's image.inc
- Images are objects.
- Images are not written on each image operation and must be explicitly closed when processing is complete.
- Multiple Image ToolKits can be used simultaneously. However, the image toolkit and image is opened with is the only toolkit it can be processed with.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Media
- Reported installs: 46,975 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 878,960
- Last modified: 15 December 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.