This module works as a companion to the Graphviz Filter module which integrates the versatile GraphViz tool (=> graph visualization) with Drupal. It provides an AJAX-enabled interface to create and manage graph, node and edge styles, aswell as CCK fields to allow utilizing them for generating styled graphs.
There are already a few modules trying to build upon the plain output generation capabilities of graphviz_filter to visualize structured information:
- graphs nodes related via CCK nodereference fields
- produces UML schematics from content type definitions (within graphviz_filter module)
- graphs taxonomy terms (within graphviz_filter module)
- presumably graphs workflows (within graphviz_filter module)
What has been missing up to now is a means of comfortably controlling the looks of the output graph, i.e. colors, fonts, shapes and the like. This module was created to fill that gap.
- integrate this with the existing graph generation modules
- views integration!
- better support for generating HTML-like labels
- live AJAX node editing, tooltips, free beer ...