GeoIP Redirect uses the GeoIP API to redirect a user from your site to a different one based on their country of origin. The primary use-case is that you have 2 different markets and want to ensure users are accessing the correct form of that material. Here is a typical workflow for this module:
- You configure module to redirect all UK page views to exampleUK.com
- User accesses exampleOther.com from the US, France, etc and is granted access to the site
- User accesses exampleOther.com from the UK, they are granted access with a prompt on screen informing them of the UK version and asking if they'd like to go there
- If they ignore it, it keeps showing up throughout their session, if they hit go to UK site, it takes them there.
- There is also a checkbox for setting a cookie optionally to remember the selection
- Admin settings page for URL to redirect to as well as country to look for
- Cookie setting to keep track of if they said they always want to be redirected or never redirected
Some features I'm looking to add:
- Multiple country selection to redirect to single / multiple different domains
- User From and User Not From country inclusion / exclusion
- Paths to exclude/include this functionality
Reasons for this module over other options:
- You don't want to redirect to a language / translation / version of the same site, this is a totally different domain.
- You don't want specific nodes to redirect elsewhere but the whole site or paths within a site (could be nodes)
Notice: If you have questions about how this works for cached traffic, review hook_boot before using in production.
6.x-1.x version initially sponsored by Ikonic Media
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Location, Third-party Integration, User Access & Authentication, Utility
- Reported installs: 19 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 929
- Last modified: December 2, 2014