This module provide Gearman integration for Drupal.
Gearman provides a generic application framework to farm out work to other machines or processes that are better suited to do the work. It allows you to do work in parallel, to load balance processing, and to call functions between languages. It can be used in a variety of applications, from high-availability web sites to the transport of database replication events. In other words, it is the nervous system for how distributed processing communicates.
- Gearman backend for Drupal's Queue API. Allowing application to enqueue item to be processed by Gearman workers using Drupal's Queue API. The queue is read-only, items can be enqueued but not processed using Drupal's API. Items processing require a Gearman worker able to execute the queue items as intended.
- Drush worker to process Gearman queue item. Third party module can provide Gearman functions with implementations of hook_gearman_drush_function().
- Drush client to enqueue item using Drush as CLI.
- Gearmanization of cron queues with the Drush worker.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Reported installs: 11 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,630
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.