This module will allow you to add Time-based One-time Password Algorithm (also called "Two Step Authentication" or "Multi-Factor Authentication") support to user logins. It works with Google's Authenticator app system and support most (if not all) OATH based HOTP/TOTP systems.
If you want to protect uid 1, you have to enable the option 'Protect my account with two-factor-authentication' on user/1/edit!
- Google authenticator app for Android, IPhone or Blackberry
- Or a desktop client (should work on all operating systems)
- Or a windows, palm os, java phone client
This module now supports both QR Codes and Mobile Codes, although we recommend using Mobile Codes, because it has more flexibility (there is a default preset for Mobile Codes which can be altered to your need: different providers and adjustable options per provider)
category=text" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Flattr to support further development.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Security
- Reported installs: 669 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 13,420
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 26 August 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.