Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
This project allows users to create flashcards based on complete nodes. It automatically makes flashcards shown less-and-less often as you get them right, by implemeting spaced-repetition with the Leitner box algorithm.
The administrator creates two nodes:
- one with the title "London", which contains the text "What is the capital of England?".
- another with the title "Paris", which contains the text "What is the capital of France?".
- The user goes to http://[yoursite]/?q=flipcard/random and is shown one of the nodes without the title of the node being displayed, so that they see the question but not the answer. A button with the text "Show Answer" is displayed.
- When the user clicks this, the node title (= the correct answer) is displayed in the node body. Two new buttons, are now displayed, "I was right!" and "I was wrong!". The results of whether or not the user got this node correct or not are stored in order to make those which the user got wrong appear more frequently.
Comparison with Flashcard module
There is the Flashcard module, but that module bundles all the flashcard questions into a single node. The difference with the Flipcard module is that here each question is an individual node. This means that there are many things which can be done with the nodes, for example they can be put together into different groups using the Taxonomy module. In the Thai language example, the same nodes are grouped in different ways:
- category (e.g. colours, places, people)
- part of speech (e.g. noun, verb)
- lesson (e.g. lesson 1, lesson 2)
This module is heavily under development, and is not yet in a state to be just plug-n-play, so please only consider if you really know what you are doing and want a fair amount of work, and are really able to program. It is provided here 'as-is'.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Display, Games and Amusements, Utility
- Downloads: 744
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.