Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
FileField Sources is an extension to the FileField module. The FileField module lets you upload files from your computer through a CCK field. The FileField Sources module expands on this ability by allowing you to select new or existing files through additional means, including:
- Re-use files by an auto-complete textfield
- Attach server-side files uploaded via FTP
- Transfer files from a remote server (cURL required)
- Paste a file directly from the clipboard (Drupal 7 only)
- Select existing files through the IMCE file browser
Although FileField Sources provides several built-in sources, it can be extended by any module through an API for creating new sources. Users can toggle between any of the available methods for selecting a file.
Drupal 6 Requirements:
- CCK 2.6 or higher
- FileField 3.5 or higher
Drupal 7 Requirements:
- None (all modules are included in core)
There are a number of modules that add additional sources to FileField Sources:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), File Management
- Reported installs: 75,308 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 549,380
- Last modified: October 9, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.