Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The File (Field) Paths module extends the default functionality of Drupal's core File module, Image module and many other File upload modules, by adding the ability to use entity based tokens in destination paths and file names.
In simple terms, File (Field) Paths allows you to automatically sort and rename your uploaded files using token based replacement patterns to maintain a nice clean filesystem.
- Configurable file paths now use entity tokens in addition to user tokens.
- Configurable file names.
- Support for file based fields, including but not limited to:
- Drupal core File module
- Drupal core Image module
- Video module.
- File path and filename cleanup options:
- Remove slashes from tokens.
- Filter out words and punctuation by taking advantage of the Pathauto module.
- Convert unicode characters into US-ASCII with the Transliteration module.
- [D7] Automatically updates unprocessed file paths in any Text fields on the entity.
- Retroactive updates - rename and/or move previously uploaded files.
- Active updating - actively rename and/or move previously uploaded files.
- Automatically create an redirect when moving uploaded files using the Redirect module.
Once installed, File (Field) Paths needs to be configured for each file field you wish to use. Settings can be found on the settings form of any supported file based field.
Administration > Structure > Content types > Article > Manage fields > Image http://example.com/admin/structure/types/manage/article/fields/field_image
Frequently Asked Questions:
Aren't tokens already supported in the FileField module?
Only User tokens are supported in the FileField module.
Node tokens allow you to use the Node ID, Node Title, Node creation date and much more in your directory/filenames where User tokens are very limited.
Why are my files uploaded to 'files/[nid]' instead of 'files/1'?
When you are creating or updating a node the full values for the Node tokens may not yet be known by Drupal, so the File (Field) Paths module will upload your files to a temporary path based on your filepath pattern ('files/[nid]') and then once you save the node and Drupal is provided with the Node tokens values the file will be moved to the appropriate location.
Why is there a warning on the 'Retroactive updates' feature?
Retroactive updates will go through every single node of the particular content type and move and/or rename the files.
While there have been no reports of errors caused by the feature, it is quite possible that the moving/renaming of these files could break links. It is strongly advised that you only use this functionality on your developmental servers so that you can make sure not to introduce any linking issues.
What does File (Field) Paths offer that other similar modules do not?
For an unbiased answer, please refer to the 'File Uploading and Managing' comparison chart at: http://groups.drupal.org/node/20291
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), File Management, Utility
- Reported installs: 49,066 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 297,879
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 27, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.